Wandering Through the Ukrainian Highlands of Transcarpathia
Join us on a hike in the wild Ukrainian Carpathians! We will sleep, eat and enjoy evenings together at a Czech inn in the village of Kolochava, in the heart of the Ukrainian Carpathians, as well as in the village of Volovec, from where we will set off on our hiking trips.
Local home-made Ukrainian cuisine and a lively atmosphere are guaranteed! We will be wandering around the fabulous Transcarpathian trails, drinking warming Pálinka and revive in a “banya" (a Russian sauna) at the inn, while we listen to the sounds of guitars.
For this trip we have prepared several mountain hikes: climbing to the top of Strimba (1 719 m) and Mount Pikui (1 408 m), going up to the Krasna and Pereniz Polonyna (with a short visit to Synevyr Lake) and to the Borzhava Polonyna.
On the way to Transcarpathia we will stop to visit the historical center of Lviv and for a mandatory free beer at the huge complex of Pravda Beer Theater.
DAY 1 (Saturday 30.06.)
Departure from Kraków in the afternoon. Transfer to Lviv, where we will arrive in the evening. We will drink beer for free Ukraine in the huge complex of Beer Theater "Pravda". Dinner full of delicacies in Banderovska Kryivka or a Georgian bistro (payable on your own). Overnight in the hostel.
DAY 2 (Sunday 01.07.)
Morning walk around Lviv with a local guide, passionate about the city history. Departure towards the Ukrainian range of the Carpathians. We will have lunch at a local tavern where we will try the specialties of Ukrainian cuisine (on client’s own). With a bit of luck and clear weather, we will see a beautiful panorama of Borzhava. In the evening arrive to Kolochava and accommodation. Welcome dinner in the former Czechoslovak gendarmerie station.
DAY 3 (Monday 02.07.)
Full-day trekking to the Strimba mountain (1719m above sea level), from where there are amazing views on the Carpathian mountains and picturesque villages. A visit to a private museum run by a local oligarch, for those who wish. Later, relax in a Russian banya, a traditional home sauna (on client’s own). (For those who are not keen on the idea of trekking, we will organize alternative leisure activities: we will visit Kolochava in depth or go for a less intense mountain walk.)
DAY 4 (Tuesday 03.07.)
All-day trekking to one of the largest Ukrainian polonynas - Polonyna Krasna, which in Ukrainian means "beautiful". As the name suggests, we will move around very beautiful and picturesque areas.
DAY 5 (Wednesday 04.07.)
A bus trip to Synevir, the largest lake of the Ukrainian Carpathians. Walk to the Pereniz polonyna, from where we will have a beautiful view of the mountain peaks. A visit to the shepherds who will treat us with bryndza and palinka. Evening trip to Volovets.
DAY 6 (Thursday 05.07.)
By bus we will go to the mountain resort of Pylypets, where we will visit the Shropt waterfall. From here, we will start our journey to the Blonya mountain stream (1600m above sea level), from where we can get straight to Volovets.
DAY 7 (Friday 06.07.)
From the village Bilasovica we will reach the highest peak of Bieszczady mountains - Pikui (1408m above sea level), which climbs to the sky like an alpine peak. In the evening, we will have a farewell dinner in Volovets, saying goodbye to Ukraine.
DAY 8 (Saturday 07.07.)
After breakfast, return to Kraków, where our trip will end.
• return trip in a comfortable coach
• accommodation in dormitory rooms (1 * in a hostel in Lviv, 3 * in a guesthouse in Kolochava, 3 * pension in Volovets)
• breakfast in Lviv, in Kolochava and in Volovets two meals a day
• care of an English-speaking guide
• maps and information packages
• accident insurance and KL + luggage insurance up to EUR 200
• insurance guarantee for the travel agency
• a mandatory fee for the State Tourist Guarantee Fund (TFG) for each person
In Lviv we will sleep in dormitory rooms. In Kolochava and in Volovets in 2-4- person rooms; three nights in Kolochava and three nights in Volovets.
* For an additional charge we can guarantee a 2-person room during the whole trip.
• Delicacies of Ukrainian cuisine in Lviv and Volovets and Czech-Austro- Hungarian cuisine in Kolochava, based on traditional, home-made dishes.
• The price includes breakfast in Lviv and two meals a day in Kolochava and Volovets (breakfast and dinner). There is also an option for vegetarians, such a need should be notified in advance.
During trekking we will move along marked trails, which were renovated, among others, as part of the Czech-Polish Forum project.
We will travel by a comfortable coach.
It's one of our few trips by bus. For this, the minimum number of customers on the trip is 25 people.
The English-speaking guide will look after you throughout the trip.
The starting point of the trip is KRAKÓW. The place of departure is the parking lot in front of the Oskar Schindler's Emalia Factory Museum.
• The itinerary may change depending on the date of departure, weather and other factors.
• The organizer of the trip is Active Travel Agency Barents.pl.